Jw.org Who are they?
Better known as the Watchtower Society or Jehovah Witnesses this group considers itself a christian group but are they? You no doubt have had them knock on your door some Saturday morning or more recently you may have seen them lugging around their literature carts labeled jw.org You probably know this group as friendly, family oriented and honest, or maybe you’ve heard that they don’t celebrate Christmas, don’t take blood transfusions and don’t vote. Yah this is the group that we are considering.
Before we consider if the jehovah witness is a christian we must first understand what a christian is.
1. “First of all, to be a Christian, you must first know who Christ is. Biblically, He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9). He is the great “I AM” (Exodus 3:14; John 8:58).
2. He is the savior who was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), who died, was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4), physically (John 2:19-21).
3. He alone is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Only by the name of Jesus may a person be saved (Acts 4:12) and all who do not trust in Him alone for the forgiveness of their sins will be judged (Matt. 25:41) accordingly.
4. Jesus is both God and man (Col. 2:9; 1 Tim. 2:5; Phil. 2:5-8). He is our eternal intercessor (Heb. 7:25) who mediates our salvation to the Father (1 Tim. 2:5). To Him be the glory.” Read More christianity
Let’s take a quick look to see if the jw.org agrees with these beliefs.
1. “The God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity…” Read More
2. Following his resurrection, Jesus did not always appear in the same body of flesh (perhaps to reinforce in their minds the fact that he was then a spirit)… Read More
3. Salvation is a gift from God, but it does not come automatically… There are certain basic conditions that each individual must meet to qualify for that gift. Read More
4a. After Jesus had been resurrected to the heavens, his “brothers” were appointed to act in his place, “substituting for Christ” as ambassadors inviting others to become reconciled to Jehovah God… Our recognizing Christ’s leadership involves submission to his “brothers.” Read More
4b. “Jehovah also speaks to us by means of “the faithful and discreet slave.” As Jesus foretold, a small group of anointed Christian men has been appointed to provide spiritual “food at the proper time” Read More
click here To learn more about what jw.org teaches